Team Blitz India
NEW DELHI: Air India Group, which has embarked on ambitious expansion plans, is expected to take delivery of a new aircraft every six days on average till the end of 2024, according to CEO and Managing Director Campbell Wilson. The group, comprising Air India, Air India Express, AIX Connect and Vistara, is owned by the Tatas, which is also in the process of consolidating its airline business.
“Air India Group to take delivery of one new aircraft every six days on an average till the end of 2024,” Campbell Wilson said.
He was speaking at a function for the unveiling of Air India Express new brand identity, Wilson also said that it is an exciting day for the group.
Earlier this year, Air India placed orders for 470 aircraft from Airbus and Boeing at $70 billion (based on published list prices). The deliveries of the new planes will start from November this year.
Air India Express is in the process of merging AirAsia India with itself while Vistara will be getting merged with Air India. Vistara is 51 per cent owned by Tatas, and the remaining 49 per cent is with Singapore Airlines.
According to Wilson, the merger of Air India Express and AIX Connect is close to completion.