• About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, August 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
No Result
View All Result

Ceasefire for two weeks

US, Iran agree to hold fire and begin talks

by Blitz India Media
April 13, 2026
in USA
0
US President Donald Trump
Blitz Bureau

NEW DELHI: US President Donald Trump on April 7 said he has “suspended the bombing of Iran” for two weeks and will begin talks with Tehran based on its 10-point proposal, provided Iran reopens the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran said it will halt strikes if US-Israeli attacks stop and promised safe passage through the strait in coordination with its forces during the truce. Pakistan, which mediated between the two sides, said all parties and their allies have agreed to an immediate ceasefire on all fronts, including Lebanon, adding that Islamabad will host direct talks on April 10.

Trump’s announcement came just hours before his latest deadline for Iran to reopen the Hormuz Strait — a critical waterway linking the Persian Gulf with the Gulf of Oman that handled one-fifth of the world’s oil and gas traffic until the US and Israel launched the war on Iran — was set to expire.

On April 5, he had warned that “a civilisation will die tonight” if Iran did not accept his deal.

15-point proposal

The US had earlier sent a 15-point ceasefire proposal to Iran through Pakistan, which Tehran rejected. Instead, it submitted a 10-point proposal demanding the lifting of all sanctions and continued Iranian control over the Strait of Hormuz, according to Iran’s state media.

On April 8 Trump said that it was a “big day for World Peace”. He said that Iran wanted this to happen as “they have had enough”, while adding that Tehran can start reconstruction. He also said the US would be helping traffic to clear up in the Strait of Hormuz and that American troops will “hang around” to ensure everything “goes well”. A White House official said Israel also agreed to the two-week pause, though details remain unclear.

United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres welcomed the announcement of two-week ceasefire by the US and Iran and urged all the parties involved in the ongoing conflict in West Asia to comply with their obligations under international law.

Related Posts

US President Donald Trump
USA

TRUMP’S approval rating falls further

August 10, 2026
Abdul El-Sayed
USA

Stunning victory

August 10, 2026
Trump Xi Meeting
USA

China shocker

August 10, 2026
US Senate Passes Bill Targeting India With 100% Tariffs
USA

100% tariffs loom

August 10, 2026
US President Donald Trump
USA

US unveils new tariffs

July 27, 2026
US Border Wall Texas
USA

Border wall opposed

July 27, 2026
Load More
Next Post
A lesson from Gujarat

A lesson from Gujarat

Recent News

Seven projects worth Rs 427.80 crore were commissioned at Paradip Port on 21 August, including a Rs 352 crore deepening to 18.5 metres.
News

India Business News: Paradip Port, Mobile Scheme, Sugar, Monsoon, FDI and Forex Reserves

by Blitz India Media
August 22, 2026
0

Port and Rail Move Together on the East Coast NEW DELHI: MThe Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways commissioned an...

Read moreDetails
Madhya Pradesh Year of Youth 2027

MP declares 2027 as ‘Year of Youth’

August 21, 2026
India-Israel FTA Talks: Two More Rounds Expected by February 2027

Israel FTA talks need two more rounds

August 21, 2026
Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes

Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes

August 21, 2026
badminton court

Delhi Hosts the Badminton Worlds for the First Time Since 2009

August 20, 2026

Blitz Highlights

  • Special
  • Spotlight
  • Insight
  • Entertainment
  • Health

International Editions

  • US (New York)
  • UK (London)
  • Middle East (Dubai)
  • Tanzania (Africa)

Nation

  • East
  • West
  • South
  • North
  • Hindi Edition

E-paper

  • India
  • Hindi E-paper
  • Dubai E-Paper
  • USA E-Paper
  • UK-Epaper
  • Tanzania E-paper

Useful Links

  • About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Blitz Highlights
      • Special
      • Spotlight
      • Insight
      • Entertainment
      • Sports
    • Opinion
    • Legal
    • Perspective
    • Nation
      • East
      • West
      • North
      • South
    • Business & Economy
    • World
    • Hindi Edition
    • International Editions
      • Dubai
      • Tanzania
      • United Kingdom
      • USA
    • Blitz India Business

    ©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation