• About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
No Result
View All Result

US scraps South Sudanese’ visas

For its Government's failure to accept repatriated citizens

by Blitz India Media
April 14, 2025
in USA
0
US scraps South Sudanese’ visas
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Blitz Bureau

WASHINGTON: US Secretary of State Marco Rubio has announced that the US is immediately revoking visas issued to all South Sudanese passport holders due to the African nation refusing to accept its citizens who have been removed from the US, reported BBC.

Rubio, in a statement, added that the US will also block any arriving citizens of South Sudan, the world’s newest country, at US ports of entry. He blamed “the failure of South Sudan’s transitional Government to accept the return of its repatriated citizens in a timely manner”. A cornerstone of President Donald Trump’s immigration policy is removing unlawful migrants from the US, with the promise of “mass deportations”. “It is time for the Transitional Government of South Sudan to stop taking advantage of the United States,” said Rubio.

“Every country must accept the return of its citizens in a timely manner when another country, including the United States, seeks to remove them,” he added.

It comes as fears grow that South Sudan may again descend into civil war. On March 8, the US ordered all its non-emergency staff in South Sudan to leave as regional fighting broke out, threatening a fragile peace deal agreed in 2018.

South Sudanese in the US were previously granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS), which allows them to remain in the US for a set period of time. TPS for South Sudanese in the US had been due to expire by May 3. South Sudan, the world’s newest nation, gained independence in 2011 after seceding from Sudan.

But just two years later, following a rift between President Salva Kiir and Vice-President Riek Machar, the tensions erupted into a civil war, in which more than 400,000 people were killed.

A 2018 power-sharing agreement between the two stopped the fighting, but key elements of the deal have not been implemented – including a new Constitution, an election and the reunification of armed groups into a single army.

Since returning to office, the Trump administration has clashed with international governments over deportations of their nationals from the US. One of the most famous South Sudanese citizens currently in the US is Duke University star basketball player 18-year-old Khaman Maluach.

A spokesman for the university said on Sunday the school is “aware of the announcement… regarding visa holders from South Sudan”. “We are looking into the situation and working expeditiously to understand any implications for Duke students.”

Related Posts

Costly dome
USA

Costly dome

May 20, 2026
South Carolina
USA

Redistricting rejected

May 20, 2026
Inflation
USA

Inflation hits new high

May 20, 2026
Access to abortion Pill restored
USA

Access to abortion Pill restored

May 20, 2026
US President Donald Trump
USA

War over, says Trump

May 7, 2026
Abortion pill access curbed
USA

Abortion pill access curbed

May 7, 2026
Load More
Next Post
PM praised Kuwaiti NRIs in 'Hala Modi'

PM Modi inaugurates air services from Hisar to Ayodhya

Recent News

Madras High Court
News

Madras HC upholds liquor shops’ closure

by Blitz India Media
May 21, 2026
0

Blitz Bureau NEW DELHI: Calling the state government’s decision to close Tasmac outlets located within 500 metres from educational institutions...

Read moreDetails
Vande Mataram singing mandatory in Bengal schools

Vande Mataram singing mandatory in Bengal schools

May 21, 2026
UP Police Arrest 10 in Mirzapur Religious Conversion Racket

UP Gangsters Act against 10 accused for conversions

May 21, 2026
Dharmendra Pradhan

Pradhan’s directive to social media on NEET retest

May 21, 2026
India, Italy Elevate Ties to Special Strategic Partnership

India, Italy elevate bilateral ties

May 21, 2026

Blitz Highlights

  • Special
  • Spotlight
  • Insight
  • Entertainment
  • Health

International Editions

  • US (New York)
  • UK (London)
  • Middle East (Dubai)
  • Tanzania (Africa)

Nation

  • East
  • West
  • South
  • North
  • Hindi Edition

E-paper

  • India
  • Hindi E-paper
  • Dubai E-Paper
  • USA E-Paper
  • UK-Epaper
  • Tanzania E-paper

Useful Links

  • About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Blitz Highlights
      • Special
      • Spotlight
      • Insight
      • Entertainment
      • Sports
    • Opinion
    • Legal
    • Perspective
    • Nation
      • East
      • West
      • North
      • South
    • Business & Economy
    • World
    • Hindi Edition
    • International Editions
      • Dubai
      • Tanzania
      • United Kingdom
      • USA
    • Blitz India Business

    ©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation