• About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, August 23, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
  • Blitz Highlights
    • Special
    • Spotlight
    • Insight
    • Entertainment
    • Sports
  • Opinion
  • Legal
  • Perspective
  • Nation
    • East
    • West
    • North
    • South
  • Business & Economy
  • World
  • Hindi Edition
  • International Editions
    • Dubai
    • Tanzania
    • United Kingdom
    • USA
  • Blitz India Business
No Result
View All Result
World's first weekly chronicle of development news
No Result
View All Result

FIR filed after stone-pelting in demolition drive near Old Delhi mosque, 10 detained

by Blitz India Media
January 7, 2026
in News
0
FIR filed after stone-pelting in demolition drive near Old Delhi mosque, 10 detained
Blitz Bureau

NEW DELHI: Ten people have been detained after the Delhi Police filed an FIR over the stone-pelting incident during the demolition drive near a mosque in Old Delhi, officials said on January 7. The incident occurred near the Faiz-e-Ilahi Mosque in the Turkman Gate area, close to Ramlila Ground, where authorities launched a late-night anti-encroachment operation.

According to officials of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), the drive was conducted to clear unauthorised structures from land adjoining the mosque and nearby areas, in compliance with directions issued by the Delhi High Court on November 12, 2025. The demolition exercise began in the early hours of January 7, with a heavy presence of civic staff and police personnel. Officials stated that between 10 and 17 bulldozers were deployed as part of the operation. As the demolition got underway, a large number of residents gathered outside the mosque, raising slogans and protesting against the action.

The situation soon turned volatile when some members of the crowd attempted to breach police barricades and began pelting stones at security personnel. Police responded by firing tear gas shells to disperse the protesters and prevent the unrest from spreading. The FIR is filed under sections related to rioting, assault on a Government servant, and obstruction of a public servant in performing their duty.

The police said that they identified 10 individuals and have detained them. Search for others is underway.Further details are awaited.

Earlier on January 6, the Delhi High Court had issued a notice on a petition filed by the managing committee of Masjid Syed Elahi, which challenged the MCD’s decision to remove what it termed as alleged encroachments from land adjoining the mosque and a nearby graveyard at Ramlila Maidan.

Related Posts

Seven projects worth Rs 427.80 crore were commissioned at Paradip Port on 21 August, including a Rs 352 crore deepening to 18.5 metres.
News

India Business News: Paradip Port, Mobile Scheme, Sugar, Monsoon, FDI and Forex Reserves

August 22, 2026
Madhya Pradesh Year of Youth 2027
News

MP declares 2027 as ‘Year of Youth’

August 21, 2026
India-Israel FTA Talks: Two More Rounds Expected by February 2027
News

Israel FTA talks need two more rounds

August 21, 2026
Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes
News

Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes

August 21, 2026
badminton court
News

Delhi Hosts the Badminton Worlds for the First Time Since 2009

August 20, 2026
farmer
News

One Crop Is Two-Thirds of India’s Sowing Shortfall

August 20, 2026
Load More
Next Post
Donald Trump

Trump says Venezuela to send 50 million barrels of oil to US

Recent News

Seven projects worth Rs 427.80 crore were commissioned at Paradip Port on 21 August, including a Rs 352 crore deepening to 18.5 metres.
News

India Business News: Paradip Port, Mobile Scheme, Sugar, Monsoon, FDI and Forex Reserves

by Blitz India Media
August 22, 2026
0

Port and Rail Move Together on the East Coast NEW DELHI: MThe Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways commissioned an...

Read moreDetails
Madhya Pradesh Year of Youth 2027

MP declares 2027 as ‘Year of Youth’

August 21, 2026
India-Israel FTA Talks: Two More Rounds Expected by February 2027

Israel FTA talks need two more rounds

August 21, 2026
Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes

Master Plan for Delhi envisages 40 lakh affordable homes

August 21, 2026
badminton court

Delhi Hosts the Badminton Worlds for the First Time Since 2009

August 20, 2026

Blitz Highlights

  • Special
  • Spotlight
  • Insight
  • Entertainment
  • Health

International Editions

  • US (New York)
  • UK (London)
  • Middle East (Dubai)
  • Tanzania (Africa)

Nation

  • East
  • West
  • South
  • North
  • Hindi Edition

E-paper

  • India
  • Hindi E-paper
  • Dubai E-Paper
  • USA E-Paper
  • UK-Epaper
  • Tanzania E-paper

Useful Links

  • About us
  • Team
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact

©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Blitz Highlights
      • Special
      • Spotlight
      • Insight
      • Entertainment
      • Sports
    • Opinion
    • Legal
    • Perspective
    • Nation
      • East
      • West
      • North
      • South
    • Business & Economy
    • World
    • Hindi Edition
    • International Editions
      • Dubai
      • Tanzania
      • United Kingdom
      • USA
    • Blitz India Business

    ©2024 Blitz India Media -Building A New Nation